WEST TRADE REVIEW
We're nearing our fiction submissions cap. Deadline to submit is 11:59pm EST Sunday, October 31st.
Are you a writer or artist that wants to be published and recognized? West Trade Review wants to hear from you! We are looking for original and unpublished works of fiction, creative nonfiction, and poetry by both new and established writers/artists. A bio is required with each submission.
Please submit your work to the appropriate genre folder and follow all established guidelines for that genre found on our website:
There's never a reading fee.
We look forward to reviewing your work.
Our reading period is April 1 through August 1 & August 15 through December 15. Some genres, however, could close early if submission caps are reached prior to the end of a reading period.
Subscribe to our Newsletter and Stay Connected to Our Literary Community
Our monthly newsletter highlights some of our recent fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction and also includes book reviews of upcoming and recently released titles. If you're looking for something new to read, you won't want to miss these carefully curated titles and recommendations. You'll also have access to interviews with exciting emerging writers. Don't miss these important conversations and all our best contemporary fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction.
Sign up for our newsletter now at the link below to learn about West Trade Review events, readings, and contests before anyone else.
Thank you for your sponsorship, your friendship, and your invaluable commitment to literature.
• This contest is open only to emerging writers who have not yet published a book of fiction. Published books include any book with an ISBN, including self-published. Those who have published books in other genres besides fiction remain eligible.
• Only previously unpublished stories will be accepted.
• Stories that have won and/or placed in any other writing contest are ineligible.
• Unlimited entries allowed. One manuscript per submission.
• Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but previously accepted or work published in West Trade Review is ineligible.
• please withdraw your submission, and notify West Trade Review if it is accepted elsewhere.
• No one editorially or financially affiliated with West Trade Review can enter the contest.
• Submissions open January 15, 2021, and all entries must be submitted online by 11:59pm on March 15, 2022.
• Entry fee is $15 for each individual story, with no limit per author, and includes a copy of our spring 2023 print edition.
• submission is one original short story, written in English, up to 5,000 words.
• The author’s name must not appear on the manuscript or in the file name.
• Submissions must be typed and double-spaced; pages must be numbered.
• Please use a standard font, either Times New Roman or Arial in 12 point font size.
• Do not include a cover page. Include your title on the first page of the manuscript.
• Please do not include professional resumes or biographies with your entry. Entries are judged anonymously; the judge will only consider manuscript quality.
• Please take the judge of the contest into consideration. If you know her personally, or have ever attended classes or workshops she has instructed, please use manuscripts that she would not have seen before.
• Include a word count on the first page.
• Revisions or edits will not be accepted once submitted for judging.
Entries that do no meet guidelines or eligibility requirements will not be considered.
$1,000 and publication in West Trade Review will be awarded to the winning story. Other entries of merit may be considered for publication. The winning story will be first announced on our website and social media platforms the first week of April 2022 and then published in the 2023 spring print issue of West Trade Review.